It was nice. When we came back in the back door, I asked if he had any questions before I left him to think on his decisions that had to be made. He said he didn't, but he did have some other questions. He then asked me the same three questions he asked at the previous visits: "Do you know who Jesus is?" "Are you a Christian?" "How do you know?" I gladly answered all three and then just had to ask: "Why the pears?" That's when he said something that has resonated with me for the rest of today:
"I have found that when you love on people, they are more likely to listen to you about Jesus. He is love, you know. I used to be able to do a lot more. I used to care for the widow ladies and go raise money for folks whose house has burned down or whatever. Now I have pears, so I give pears."
I loved it. I hugged him as tight as I dare hug a sweet, frail 94-year old widower. Thank you God for your sweet encouragement through such a sweet servant. I am praying for your blessings on his life today and that I finish my race as well as he is.
No comments:
Post a Comment